Our Catholic education must always be based on our time-tested Gospel values while promoting our Catholic identity by placing Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church at the centre of our lives. We need to pray unceasingly for God’s everlasting grace; teaching our youth to hold steadfast and true to our Christian faith in order to overcome the swelling tide of secularism in our society so they can become the best version of themselves.
Garry Tanuan has delivered results for Ward 8 & the School Board community and will vigorously continue to advocate for our authentic Catholic values, reliable stewardship, and excellence in student achievement:
- Held complimentary webinars and solicited feedback from the Cardinal /Toronto Archdiocese, parents, student leaders, and students for the Multi-Year Strategic Plan (MYSP) to compliment the Board’s survey.
- Promoted various Faith in Our Child events that hosted lived-experiences from parents, teachers, health professionals, and priests/clergy detailing how our Faith informs, supports, and applies to student well-being and achievement while helping to form well-nurtured Catholic communities involving home, school, and parish working together.
- Strongly advocated and sponsored parents, students, principals, and teachers to the Renewal Ministries’ Lift Jesus Higher Rallies, Enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and Rosary Bowl events.
- Strongly advocated for higher EQAO Math & Literacy scores; Special Education; Diversity, Inclusivity, Equity; School technology upgrades; STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) & YAP (Youth Apprentice Programs).
- Advocated for and worked closely with local elected officials at all levels of government to build new school building additions, more class space/ventilation, updated gyms/playgrounds, eco-schools, affordable Day Care centers, and improved Transportation.